This simply delicious smoked haddock omelette is beyond easy and ready in 30 minutes from start to finish. Just add a green salad and dinner is sorted! I keep smoked haddock in the freezer so it is always on hand.
Smoked Haddock Omelette
Easy and delicious way to serve smoked haddock!
- 300ml/10 fluid ounces milk
- 200g/7 ounces un-dyed smoked haddock
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 black peppercorns
- 4 free-range eggs
- 15g/1 tablespoons butter
- 15g/1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 Pour the milk into a large shallow pan, add the smoked haddock, bay leaf and peppercorns and bring to a simmer. Be careful that it doesn’t boil over as it has a habit of doing that!
- Step 2 Cook the haddock for 5-10 minutes or until the fish has cooked through and flakes when pushed gently.
- Step 3 Take the fish out of the pan and set aside to cool slightly before discarding the skin and breaking the fish into flakes.
- Step 4 Beat the eggs together in a bowl adding salt and pepper.
- Step 5 Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan or omelette pan over medium-hot heat. Pour in the beaten eggs and stir gently with a fork until they just hold together.
- Step 6 Add the flaked haddock to the omelette and continue cooking for 2-5 minutes until the underside is set and the top is still just a bit liquid. Roll the omelette onto a serving dish folding the egg over the haddock.
- Step 7 Serve immediately.
Share this with your friends