This Endive Salad with blue cheese dressing is the perfect pairing of the sharpness of endive with the creamy richness of the dressing. In fact you could use the dressing with most firm crunchy lettuces like cobb or romaine. I find so many uses for it that there is always a batch in my fridge. It is great as a dip for crudites or a substitute for mayonnaise in a chicken salad.
Endive Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Chunky blue cheese yoghurt dressing with crisp endive is the perfect side to steak or a hamburger.
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced)
- 1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces blue cheese or Roquefort, crumbled (at room temperature )
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 large endives
- chives, minced
- 1 apple, peeled and diced, optional (toss with lemon juice)
- Whisk together garlic and yoghurt in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, salt and pepper and whisk together. Add cheese and dijon mustard and whisk until the mixture is combined but not smooth.
- Trim away the very end of the endives and cut lengthwise into quarters. Arrange on a platter or individual plates and spoon on dressing. Top with chives and diced apple, serve.